Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Some of Your Most Common Questions
Do I require a referral?
No, you do not require a referral to receive treatment. If you are a workers compensation or compulsory third-party patient then you will require a medical referral as this is required by the insurer.
How soon can I get in?
Although we are quite busy, we always strive to see you on the same day.
What should I expect from my first appointment?
At Bodyfocus Physiotherapy you can expect:
- Initial visit lasting 40 minutes, being 1 on 1
- A thorough interview and physical exam
- An accurate diagnosis
- ‘Hands on’ or manual treatment
- A tailored home exercise program
- A follow up communication the next day to see how you went with your 1st visit
- Continued communication with your referrer, trainer or doctor
- Direct referral for necessary investigations, &
- Direct referral to Doctors, Surgeons, and members of the allied health team, as required.
At Bodyfocus Physiotherapy, we strive to:
- Relieve you of your pain as humanly as possible
- Identify the root cause of your problem
- Provide you with a clear diagnosis
- Explain the problem and look for possible causes
- Educate you on how to help yourself
- Explain the role that physio will play in your rehab, and what it is we can do to help you
- Treat the actual cause of your problem so that you won’t experience recurrences of the same condition
- Give you an estimate of time required for completion of treatment program
- Make sure you stay on strack
- Maintain communication – with your GP, surgeon, or personal trainer
- Never keep you waiting for more than 5 minutes as we understand your time is valuable
- Ensure that we always see you promptly when you are in desperate need of help
What should I wear for my treatment?
Patients are advised to wear comfortable clothing although it is not a necessity particularly for those patients coming straight from work. If your area of concern is your knee or hip we would advise that you bring some shorts to your consultation. Our clinic provides disposable gowns and shorts if required.
Can I claim a rebate from my health fund?
Yes, HICAPS is available to enable you to claim your rebate on the spot. You may use this facility forPhysiotherapy, Podiatry and Chiropractic treatments. To claim for masage services, you will be required to pay for your service and claim through your health fund directly.
Does Medicare cover treatment costs?
Patients whom are under a Medicare EPC (Enhanced Primary Care) plan will be able to claim up to 5 allied health visits per calender year.
These benefits are available for Physiotherapy, Podiatry & Chiropractic.
Please see your treating doctor (GP) for further information.