Many people frequently have lower back pain, which can result from a variety of causes. However, poor posture, muscular strains, and spinal issues are the three primary causes of lower back discomfort. The good news Physiotherapy can help with these issues and provide relief from lower back discomfort.
Lower Back Pain Due To Poor Posture
One of the most typical reasons of lower back pain is poor posture. Long durations of improper posture when standing or sitting can strain the lower back, resulting in pain and discomfort. Specific stretches and exercises can target the back’s muscles and joints. Appropriate management in the form of physiotherapy may help with posture correction and enhance spinal alignment.
Lower Back Pain Due To Muscle Strain
Another often occurring cause of lower back discomfort is muscle strains. Lower back muscular strain can result in discomfort, stiffness, and restricted movement. Exercises that specifically target the injured muscles and gradually strengthen them are provided as part of physiotherapy. Physiotherapists can also provide manual treatment such as massages to assist ease tension and pain in the afflicted region.
Lower Back Pain Due To Spinal Issues
Lower back discomfort can also be brought on by spinal issues such spinal stenosis, arthritis, and herniated discs. Through exercises that target the afflicted area and increase spinal mobility, physiotherapy can help reduce discomfort brought on by these problems. Physiotherapy can help alleviate pain caused by these issues through exercises that target the affected area and improve spinal mobility. Additionally, physiotherapists can provide spinal mobilisation techniques to help reduce pain and improve range of motion.
Overall, physiotherapy can be a successful treatment choice for those with lower back pain brought on by bad posture, muscular aches, or spinal issues. The underlying source of the pain are targeted with a personalised treatment plan from a physiotherapist, which gradually reduces pain and discomfort. With proper evidence based treatment and care, individuals can find relief and improve their overall quality of life.
If you have are suffering from lower back discomfort and want to do something about it, CLICK HERE us to arrange an appointment with one of our experienced physiotherapists here at Bodyfocus Physiotherapy at Rhodes Shopping Centre. Call us today on 8732 8888.
What happens during a physiotherapy consultation?
- Your physiotherapist will obtain a thorough history of your problem to gain a better understanding on how the problem developed, your lifestyle, your work and general overall health.
- Your physiotherapist will conduct a series of orthopaedic and if warranted, neurological tests to formulate a diagnosis.
- You will be explained the diagnosis and cause of your lower back pain.
- Treatments may include hands-on treatments like massage, manual therapy, manipulation and exercises.
- You will be given an individualised treatment plan which will outlines exactly how much treatment you will require as well as things you need to do and avoid to allow for the quickest possible recovery.